Monday, May 19, 2008

Hectic over-scheduling continues...

So much for getting back on the wagon of posting regularly. On the chance that some of you are reading this occasionally looking for updates on what's going on in my life, I'll try to post some less-lengthy entries of what's going on.

For the past week-plus, Kris' cousin and goddaughter, Lauma, was visiting us; she left yesterday. We were a little trepidatious when we heard she was coming because she's 21 and from Latvia and we didn't really know what kind of person she would be or whether we would be able to show a 21-year-old from Latvia a good time, but fears were unfounded---she turned out to be a very pleasant young woman and we really enjoyed having her visit. Which was good because last weekend was very hectic. As I may have mentioned, we intended to play a Mothers' Day show with the Xylenes, so when that plan was hatched, I invited my mother up for that weekend. Well, the show got cancelled but I never called my mom about it, and when I remembered, I called and my dad said how much mom was looking forward to coming up, so they came to visit. Meanwhile, my friend Peter, who used to live around here and was my co-conspirator and boon companion in my car hobby, was in town and wanted to get together. And, somehow through a mechanism that I never understood, we ended up hosting a Mother's Day dinner for Kris' extended family. So it was a pretty busy weekend, but Lauma was a big help and made things easier rather than more difficult.

Me and Lauma at the art museum in Milwaukee.

This past weekend was pretty hectic too, with a meeting of our book club in Milwaukee and a Bill Tucker & Friends house party on Saturday, and getting Lauma to the airport and then going to my friend's daughter's graduation concert for the School of Rock Beatles class on Sunday, followed by some work on the club history article for the program of the Alfa Romeo Owners' Club national convention.

Rocking with Bill Tucker at the Castaway Collective, 5/17/08.

No comments: