Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Addendum to web site list

Since I posted my list of favored web sites, I've added another to my "check regularly" list: Shirt.Woot! It's an interesting concept: every day, they offer a new t-shirt design, which is only available for a limited time---new designs get a pass their first week, but, after that, if it falls out of the Top 20 on their weekly sales chart, it's GONE. A really popular shirt may be around for several months, but eventually they cycle.

They also have a weekly derby that anyone can enter, and vote in, and the top three vote-getting designs are offered as part of the next week's shirts. So the shirts don't just all come from the same stable of designers, and some of the derby shirts are very cool.

I like the idea of t-shirts as art---I was looking through my drawer the other day and noticed that almost all the shirts I have are advertising in one form or another. Now, one of the guys in the Tucker band commented once that I had an impressive collection of t-shirts from greasy spoon restaurants, which I suppose I do, but sometimes I want something that is interesting visually but not Superdawg or Joe Rogers' (Springfield's Best Chili). I've acquired four Woot shirts so far, all of which are of interest merely for their own designs.

I was hipped to Shirt.Woot by Kelly from the Xylenes. Some weeks back, they had a shirt with this image:


The Xylenes being an accordion-intensive operation, several of the gals acquired these shirts. I didn't get one (that light blue is not my color) but I did explore the site and find another shirt I liked:


And, I've checked back regularly since then (if you buy a shirt on its first day, it's cheaper) and found several more I like. Here's the most recent:


Check it out---there's probably something you'll find interesting.

1 comment:

Mike Aimer said...

Funny, a guy I was working with this past weekend was wearing this one.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Decibliterated1zjDetail.png

I'm curious to see how long I'll have to wait to get one I like. Yet another site I'll have to visit every day!